Touchdown in the Twin Cities: A Look at U.S. Bank Stadium
Minnesota is known for its cold weather, friendly residents, and love of hotdishes, but this weekend football takes over the Land of 10,000 lakes. The North Star State will be host Super Bowl LII between the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles in its newly designed US Bank Stadium. Here are some of the more interesting facts about arena, known as The People’s Stadium.
- Opened in 2016, the stadium took 16 years from concept to completion–12 years to get funding and 4 years to design and build.
- Total Cost: $1 Billion+
- Total Size: 1.8 Million Square Feet
- Seats more than 66,000 fans
- Included 23 Turf Suites–located on the field!
- Need snacks, but don’t want to miss the action? No problem! Concourse has 12,000 HD flat screens!
- Has largest operable doors in the world-55ft wide and up to 95ft tall!
- Asymmetric design is reminiscent of Viking boats–also helps shed snow.
- 1st ETFE roof in a US stadium
The stadium has already hosted acts like Metallica, U2, and Guns N’ Roses
- ESPN’s 2018 Summer X Games
- American Ninja Warrior
- 2019 NCAA Men’s Final Four
- 150,000 visitors will come to city for event
- Estimated to contribute $343 Million to area economy